I’ve been making this pie since my first days of marriage. As a newlywed, I didn’t have much experience in the kitchen, and this was one of my first successes. I have no idea where the recipe originated (I’ve been toting it around on an index card through all of our moves), but it is definitely a keeper. Once My Hubs was having a sweet craving, and I just whipped this up with what we had in the kitchen. He said the fact I can just throw together a pie is a total turn on. Henco facto, try this super simple recipe on for size…
Easy Peasy Chocolate Chip Pie
1 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie crust (if frozen, thaw completely; bake on baking sheet & increase time)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional – I’ve used pecans & walnuts but like peanuts best)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
4. Pour mixture into pie shell.
5. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the edge and the center comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack. Especially yummy served warm with ice cream.